Advertising, Bulletin Boards and Signage Guidelines
Maucker Union provides space for the campus community to display advertising, announcements and messages in the form of bulletin boards, electronic messages, table tents, and display cases. University recognized Groups/Departments and pre-approved non-profit community groups may advertise.
The following criteria must be adhered to for posting messages, advertising or displays:
- Name or logo of the organization must appear on each piece;
- Message does not promote consumption of alcoholic beverages or the use of tobacco products;
- Message does not violate university policies;
- Message does not advertise products or services of a commercial business except when products or services are being sold as a fundraiser that has already been approved by the Student Involvement & Activities Center, Director of Maucker Union or designee;
- Content is primarily focused on the event or message of the sponsoring organization or department with no more than one-third containing information regarding a commercial sponsor, product, or service;
- No personal messages.
- Two (2) kiosks on the main level and bulletin boards on the lower level in the north and south corridors may be used for posting signs.
- All signs are limited to a maximum size of 11"x17".
- University organizations/departments and pre-approved non-profit community (to be valid require a stamp) are authorized and groups may post one sign only on each of these display areas. Dated or unauthorized signs will be removed without notification.
- The name of the sponsoring organization must appear on the sign.
- An organization sponsoring an event, meeting, or Information Table in the Union may request sign standards from the Administrative Office to advertise their event. Event/meeting signs may be posted at the entrances 1-2 hours prior to the event unless other arrangements are made with the Operations Manager. Signs for Information Tables should be placed only at the designated table.
- No taping, stapling, tacking or adhering to any walls, windows, or furniture in the building (including concrete) is allowed. This includes all sidewalks around the building and the Plaza (the roof). Any damages will be assessed to the sponsoring group or individual. Special requests can be directed to the Operations Manager.
- Maucker Union reserves the right to determine and remove unauthorized signs.