Yes, reservation requests for outdoor space can be made by completing the Outdoor Event Request Form: studentlife.uni.edu/outdoor-event-request
Requests for outdoor events require the submission and approval of required forms to the department responsible for the event management of the desired space. Reservations for west campus fields and Bender Field are made through Recreation Services, all other campus grounds locations are made through Student Life & Event Services.
Reservation requests will be reviewed by the Outdoor Events Committee. Events, not including requests for individual information tables, must be reserved no less than three weeks in advance of the event for reservation to be considered. Submitted requests will be pending until approval is granted from the committee. Once approved, the sponsoring group will be notified and assigned an event coordinator to finalize event arrangements.
Outdoor events that can allow for physical distancing must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Face covering or shields must be worn at all times by attendees and event facilitators.
- Events that involve recruiting or sharing of information (fairs, etc.), tables must be set a minimum of six feet apart and must abide by the information table guidelines.
- If the event involves entertainment (band, performer, movie, etc.) the following guidelines must be followed:
- Performers must be no less than six feet apart.
- Attendees may not be allowed to be closer than ten feet from performance space.
- Organizer is responsible for establishing and enforcing six feet physical distancing for all attendees.
- Based on estimated size of event, organizers will be provided adequate hand sanitizer stations. Organizers will be responsible for the setting up and returning of sanitizers and equipment to the appropriate department.
- Outdoor events that do not allow for physical distancing will not be permitted.