This award is intended to recognize a member of the UNI Fraternity & Sorority Life community who also is an outstanding member within the FSL community. This student will have a special ability to remain actively involved in their sorority/fraternity while actively engaging with their peers within their other student organization membership endeavors.
When nominating an individual, make certain to address the description and criteria to ensure your nomination is fully considered. Eligible individuals and organizations must be in good standing with the university, and organizations must be recognized through NISG. The nomination should reflect accomplishments between Feb. 16, 2019 and Feb. 14, 2020. Additionally, nominees must be in good standing with their chapter, council and the national organization of their fraternity/sorority. The nominee's chapter must also be in good standing with its respective council. The nominee must also have a cumulative GPA above the All-Fraternity or All-Sorority GPA as of Fall 2019.
- The nominee demonstrates a commitment to the values that unite all Greek organizations: Scholarship, Friendship, Service and Leadership.
- The nominee and their chapter are in good standing and the nominee meets the GPA requirement.
- Demonstrates exceptional leadership within their own chapter or the Greek community; the nominee doesn’t have to hold a position, but rather is a leader in their actions, values, and commitment to mission.
- The nominee exhibits significant additional involvement beyond the Greek community.
- The student incorporates their fraternal values into positive change that benefits their student organization and/or the UNI community.
Application deadline: Friday, February 14, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.