Mark your calendars for the 2021 Greek Leaders Retreat on
Sunday, January 24, 2021!
Registration is currently closed.
Who Should Attend?
This leadership retreat is open to any Greek member that would benefit from the information provided, regardless of leadership position.
Chapter Leadership Track
The Chapter Leadership Track at the Retreat is especially helpful for the following positions, who should plan to attend:
- Chapter Presidents
- Chapter Recruitment Chairs - most chapters have more than 1, all positions are welcome
- Chapter Social Chairs - the position(s) responsible for planning social events, including formals; or, risk management/health and safety
- Chapter Standards Chairs - the position(s) responsible for upholding bylaws, or facilitating the judicial process
- Chapter Scholarship Chairs - the position(s) responsible for academics
- Chapter Financial Chairs - the position(s) responsible for chapter finances
- Chapter Panhellenic (PHC) and Interfraternity Council (IFC) Delegates
- PHC and IFC Executives - all members of the Panhellenic Council and Interfraternity Council
- Chapter Advisors
*If attendance isn't possible for any of the required positions, please send a member from your chapter in their place.
New Member Track
The New Member Track at the Retreat is especially beneficial for those in their first or second semester of membership.
- This opportunity is brand new this year and looks to develop emerging leaders in the community!
Sunday, January 24, 2021 - (Location TBD)
9:00am - 9:30am | Check-In
9:30am - 9:45am | Welcome & Opening Session
9:45am - 10:30am | Keynote Speaker
10:30am - 11:15am | Breakout Session 1
11:30am - 12:15pm | Breakout Session 2
12:15pm - 1:15pm | Lunch Panel/Activity
1:30pm - 2:15pm | Breakout Session 3
2:15pm - 3:00pm | Closing Session
Purpose of the Greek Leaders Retreat
Greek leaders will...
- Become empowered and confident leaders within the Fraternity and Sorority Life;
- Get to know each other, make connections, and establish the foundation for strong working relationships during their terms;
- Learn additional responsibilities about their leadership positions as they pertain to the governing councils, IFC and PHC, and the Office of Student Life;
- Be informed on a variety of resources offered through the university and network with key campus professionals.
You can expect sessions on the following topics:
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Marketing and Visibility
- Fraternity Recruitment
- Importance of Collaboration
- Sorority Recruitment
- Social Policy and Student Conduct
- Hot Topics and Current Events
- Managing Chapter Finances
- Culturally Based Greek Organizations
- Presidents: Leading with a Purpose
- Philanthropy and Community Service
- Wellness Education and Resource
- Retention within Chapters
- Advisor-Specific Sessions
2020 Greek Leaders Retreat Presentations
Presidents Session: Developing the Leader Within You
Philanthropy Chairs and PR/Marketing Chairs: Marketing for Good: Effective Marketing & Partnership Strategies
Social Chairs and Standards Chairs: FSL Social Policy and Student Conduct
New Members: New Members Unite!
Treasurers: Finances: NISG Funding
Fraternity Recruitment Chairs: Fraternity Recruitment
Sorority Recruitment Chairs: Sorority Recruitment