Greek Week at the University of Northern Iowa is a week-long celebration that takes place each spring. Greek Week strives to build and promote Greek unity on campus through the demonstration of the four pillars – scholarship, friendship, leadership, and service. This is a time for friendly competition, inclusive activities, and giving back to the campus and Cedar Valley community.
Greek Week strives to:
- Promote Greek Unity through the four pillars – scholarship, leadership, service, and friendship
- Create a positive image on UNI’s campus for Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Recognize Greek students as leaders
- Expand individual’s circle of friends by creating new opportunities to get to know other
- Inspire friendly competition among the organizations
- Provide a space to show your pride for your organization
- Support the UNI and Cedar Valley Community through philanthropic efforts
Call to Action
As members of Fraternity and Sorority Life, we pledge to uphold a high standard encompassing all four pillars outlined in the mission and vision of Greek Week. By representing UNI Fraternity and Sorority Life to the campus and Cedar Valley community, we must be aware of how our actions and words can affect others. Therefore, it is the responsibility of each member of Fraternity and Sorority Life to treat others with respect and consideration. Greek Week Committee takes precautions to eliminate any and all types of risk, however, we expect each member and organization to help us create a safe, fun, and respectable environment for all members of the community.
2020 Greek Week Committee
Taberie Van Boening
- Currently accepting applications!
- Must be submitted by Wednesday, November 6, 2019, by 5pm.
- Informal interviews may be held during the week of November 11-15, 2019.